Reference number: See advert
SALARY: R183 438 to R216 084 per annum (Level 7). In addition, a range of competitive benefits are offered.
CENTRE: Gauteng: Local Office: Springs (1 post) Ref No: HRMC 45 / 14 / 14a Equity Requirements: Coloured, Indian, White Male / Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Gauteng: Local Office: Thusong Alexander (1 post) Ref No: HRMC 45 / 14 / 14b Equity Requirements: Coloured, Indian, White Male / Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Limpopo: Small Office: Elim (1 Post) Ref No: HRMC 45 / 14 / 14c Equity Requirements: Coloured, Indian, White Male / Female candidates are encouraged to apply
REQUIREMENTS: A Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Customer Service environment
- A tertiary qualification will serve as an added advantage
- Proven client focus, records management, filing and orientation experience
- Supervisory experience will be an added advantage
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Basic computer literacy and numeracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work extended hours including overtime, weekends and shifts are critical
- A valid drivers’ licence is essential
- Preference will be given to candidates from the local area where the post is located.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst, others the following specific tasks:
- Serve as a direct point of contact for clients
- Assist clients in completing application forms and verifying that they are filled in appropriately in accordance with DHA requirements, standards and guidelines
- Execute Civic Services, Front Office application processes and resolve problems or complaints within scope of the work
- Assist with any duties required by management in the quest for client service excellence
- Provide highest level of prompt and friendly client service
- Render services in mobile units where required
- Ensure and assist with the rolling and capturing of fingerprints
- Update the Track and Trace system
- Receive and sort enabling documents
- Assist with the verification and processing of clients application forms in accordance with DHA requirements, standards and guidelines
- Execute Civic Services and Back Office application processes.
ENQUIRIES: Gauteng: Ms T Monyeki / Ms M Kau, Tel No: (011) 242 9000
Limpopo: Mr KH Makola, Tel No: (015) 287 2802 / (015) 287 2803 / (015) 287 2804 / (015) 287 2811 / (015) 287 2815 / (015) 287 2823
APPLICATIONS: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct applications to:
Gauteng Province: Postal address: Private Bag X108, Braamfontein, 2017, Physical address: Cnr De Beer and De Korte Street, Braamfontein, 2017
Limpopo: Postal Address: Private Bag X9517, Polokwane, 0699, Physical Address: 89 Biccard Street, Polokwane, 0700
The Department of Home Affairs is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender, disability) through the filling of positions. Candidates whose appointment / transfer / promotion will further the objective of representivity will receive preference.
CLOSING DATE: 23 June 2014
NOTE: Applications must be sent in time to the correct address as indicated at the bottom of each position, to reach the address on or before the closing date. Applications send to a wrong address and / or received after the closing date or those that do not comply with the requirements, will not be taken into consideration. In the event of hand-delivery of applications, applicants must sign an application register as proof of application. Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable from any Public Service department or at www.gov.za and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, including the details of at least two contactable referees (should be people who recently worked with the applicant) and certified copies of qualifications and identity document (with an original certification stamp). It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualifications Authority. Where a valid driver’s licence is a requirement, applicants must attach certified copies of such licences. No faxes or e-mailed applications will be considered. If no contact is made within three months of the closing date, please accept that the application was unsuccessful.
Successful candidates will be required to enter into a performance agreement and be subjected to security clearance procedures. Successful candidates may be required to undergo a competency assessment. Candidates who possess a tertiary qualification, as well as those who promote representivity (especially People with Disability), are encouraged to apply.
Click here to download a Z83 Application Form.
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!