New! Register / Submit your CV
Join us on Facebook
- Nathaniel Julies’ trial to start on March 19
- eNCA gives middle finger to black people in mask racism saga, says rights group
- WATCH: A roundup of IOL’s Top 5 stories this week
- IFP MP to meet eNCA journalist after mask on/mask off backlash
- Hawks seize heroin from Teddy Mafia’s storage facility
- Arsenal, Manchester United, Rangers into Europa League last 16 as Leicester exit
- England's Joe Root rues poor start after Ahmedabad meltdown
- India's Kohli blames poor batting, defends Ahmedabad pitch
- Liverpool 'deeply saddened' by death of Alisson's father
- Max Verstappen 'not thinking' about succeeding Lewis Hamilton ahead of F1 season
Department of Environmental Affairs Vacancies
Biodiversity Officer Specialised Production: National Bio-Security - Airports and Postal Services - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Control Biodiversity Officer: Cites Policy Development and Implementation - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Control Environmental Officer: Air Quality Management Planning - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Control Environmental Officer: Priority Area Planning - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Control GIS Technician: Grade A - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Deputy Director: Advocacy and Awareness - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Deputy Director: Editorial Services - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Deputy Director: Travel and Fleet Services (popular) - Department of Environmental Affairs (Western Cape) - closing: 24 November 2014
Director: Threatened or Protected Species and CITES - Department of Environmental Affairs (Gauteng) - closing: 24 November 2014
Technical Manager: Quality Management - Invasive Alien Plants - Department of Environmental Affairs (free State) - closing: 24 November 2014
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!
Bookmark the permalink.