Job Title: Account Manager - Pretoria
Company: Europcar South Africa
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location - Town / City: Pretoria
Location - Province/Area: Gauteng
Position Overview: The position of Account Manager - Corporate Sales has become available at the Europcar South Africa. This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager, Ann-Marie Haigh. The purpose of the position is to service existing accounts and target new business in order to meet the sales goals and to gain market share.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Service existing client base and increase business on shared accounts.
- Re-generate dormant accounts after obtaining new credit applications.
- Generate new business and open accounts accordingly.
- Target opposition accounts.
- Reach monthly targets, submit action plans if targets are not reached and discuss with manager.
- Submit Territory Planners on a weekly basis with set appointments for both new and existing clients.
- Re-negotiation of rates will be done with clients prior to the price list expiry date. take responsibility for checking expiry dates.
- Presentations to be done on all new business accounts.
- Update clients on a regular basis with regard to new products and services.
- Have a calling frequency in place on all accounts and follow accordingly.
- Ensure any special conditions and rates are loaded against the account and inform all relevant departments, i.e. Client Relations, Sales Co-ordinators and Accounts.
- Load all new account applications and ensure the client has completed the application correctly.
- Monthly Target list to be done and results monitored.
- Monitor accounts on a weekly basis.
- Assist accounts department with delinquent accounts and collect money where relevant.
- Follow-up on sales leads within 24 hours.
- Ensure clients have sufficient stock of vouchers and deliver promptly.
- To have a complete knowledge of Europcar Services, customer benefits and packages.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business degree/qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant sales experience.
- Computer literate.
- A code 08 unendorsed drivers' license.
- The appointed person will be required to work hour's incumbent of the position which may include some weekends.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Interpersonal skills, ability to interact with internal and external clients. Effective in working with people with different cultures and values.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A 'driver' in their personality style; competitive by nature.
- Able to work under pressure and in a team.
- Customer focus and the ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Sales orientated: Understanding the market and competition.
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!