Tracking Number: SDTM248-2014
SAP Number: S61015100
Job Title: OPERATOR
This position seeks to attract: All Categories
Department: SERVICE DELIVERY & TRANSFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Division: Regional Infrastructure Maintenance Support
Section: Roads & Stormwater Construction and Quarry Operations
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Basic Salary Scale: R 93 288.00 - 156 912.00 per annum
Total Remuneration Packages: R118 831.50 - R199 876.60 per annum
Location - Depot / Town or City: Belle Ombre Precast Yard
Location - Province: Gauteng
Location - Country: South Africa
For Enquiries (Contact Person): W Furumele (012 358 1256)/ T Kone (012 358 3139
Grade 10 or equivalent qualification
Relevant experience in the pre-casting of concrete product operations
Valid Code C1 driver’s license with valid PDP
Personal attributes / competencies:
Responsible and reliable, Good communication and Interpersonal skills; Leadership qualities; Good team worker
Functions as a direct supervisor and management of the Pre-cast operations to provide concrete products to execute Maintenance and Road building work required for Section Infrastructure Maintenance Management of the Roads and Stormwater Division for the construction of roads, Stormwater and related services. Assists the Foreman (Road Builder / Mason) in executing their daily tasks.
Closing date: 20 June 2014
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!