New! Register / Submit your CV
Join us on Facebook
- Donald Trump privately tells donors it'll be 'very tough' for Republicans to hold Senate
- Minister Mboweni in tight spot over MTBPS
- 'The journey was amazing,’ says Miss SA 2020 Shudufhadzo Musida
- SA’s Covid-19 cases at 714 246, as Europe gears up for its second wave
- Eight robbery suspects arrested after Ballito shoot-out
- WATCH: Frank Lampard annoyed Chelsea were denied penalty for Harry Maguire 'headlock'
- Dominant Khabib Nurmagomedov calls time on undefeated MMA career
- Justin Thomas and Jon Rahm set for Zozo Championship showdown
- Diogo Jota seals Liverpool comeback win against Sheffield Utd
- Stellenbosch FC to play home games at historic Danie Craven Stadium
Click on the job title to go to the advertiser's page:
Driver - SASOL - closing: 7 August 2015
Administrator - Johannesburg Water - closing: 30 July 2015
Administrative Officer: Committees - Breede Valley Local Municipality - closing: 31 July 2015
Administrative Officer - Western Cape Department of Human Settlements - closing: 7 August 2015
Secretary (x7) - South African Police Service - closing: 7 August 2015
Administration Clerk - Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works - closing: 7 August 2015
Trade Mark Examiner (x11) - Companies and Intellectual Property Commission - closing: 7 August 2015
Safety Officer - eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality - closing: 7 August 2015
Admin Clerk / Secretary - Gauteng Department of Health - closing: 31 July 2015
Clerk - eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality - closing: 7 August 2015
Bankseta Letsema Learnership (x14) - Banking Sector Education and Training Authority (BANKSETA) - closing: 28 August 2015
Process Operator - SASOL - closing: 5 August 2015
Administration Officer - Limpopo Department of Sport, Arts and Culture - closing: 7 August 2015
Senior Clerk - eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality - closing: 7 August 2015
General Assistant - Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality - closing: 30 July 2015
Control Room Operator - Tshwane University of Technology - closing: 29 July 2015
Administrator - Performance Monitoring and Evaluation (x2) - Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works - closing: 7 August 2015
Security Officer - Lesedi Local Municipality - closing: 29 July 2015
More government vacancies - Apply here
Internships, learnerships, bursaries - Apply here
Vacancies at big companies - Apply here
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!
Bookmark the permalink.