Tracking Number: EMCM321-2014
SAP Number: S60043086
Job Title: SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
This position seeks to attract: All Categories
Department: OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR
Division: Governance Executive Support
Section: Committee Support Operations
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Basic Salary Scale: R164 568.00 - 261 456.00 per annum
Total Remuneration Packages: R209 628.91 – R333 046.14 per annum
Location - Depot / Town or City: Pretoria Central
Location - Province: Gauteng
Location - Country: South Africa
For Enquiries (Contact Person): Thea Louw (012 358 1226)
Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
Relevant experience in office administration
Valid Code B driver’s license
Personal attributes / competencies:
Adaptability; Time management Good communication skill (written and verbal); Must be able to work under pressure; Willingness to work overtime; Willingness to travel national and international; Willingness and ability to work as part of a team
Ability to network
To monitor and manage administrative support services for the Mayoral Committee Secretariat
Ensure effective personnel management
Ensure effective and efficient financial management
Provide efficient administration management
Ensure proper supervision of staff
Administer human resource.
Closing date: 30 May 2014
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!