Reference Number: PCSM0262
Position: Chief Superintendent
Division: Operations & Specialised Services
Salary: R311 940 - R404 904 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 12
- Metro Police Diploma
- National Certificate in Traffic / Policing or equivalent NQF Level 5 qualification
- Driver’s license
- Communication and negotiation skills
- 8 years' experience in Policing of which at least 3 years must have been as Superintendent
- Manage and control personnel, vehicles and equipment at precinct
- Manage community service and complaint investigation
- Facilitate projects of councillors and employees to safeguard property and employees
- Manage crime prevention functions
- Execute social crime prevention functions
- Execute human resources management functions
- Execute domestic violence functions
NB: If you applied for this post with closing date 27 November 2013, your application will be taken into consideration and you need not re-apply.
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Kempton Park Civic Centre, Corner Pretoria Road and CR Swart Drive, 2nd Floor, Room A216
- Postal Address: PO Box 13, Kempton Park,1620
- Enquiries: 011 999 3611/3615/3612/3619/3608
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
Closing date: 2014/06/19
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!