This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet.
Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 02.06.2014.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to NTOMBI.NDAMSE@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division: Transnet Capital Projects
Position Title: Service Delivery Manager
Employee Group: Permanent
Department: FI, ICT, Service Delivery
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Operations
Grade Level: F
Reference Number: 70000852
Position Purpose: - Service Delivery Manager (SDM) has a responsibility of ensuring that ICT understands the business objectives so it can align the requirements to provide service adequately.
SDM is accountable for service delivery of ICT services provided to the TCP business community with a specific focus on service quality, customer satisfaction and improved productivity of ICT resources.
Service Delivery Manager is the single point of contact in terms of service delivery in terms of both the service providers and well as business; including the service level agreements and contracts.
This role is also responsible for identifying for identifying with key business representatives process efficient solutions and ensuring alignment towards the Transnet Strategy as well as value based investments in the ICT enablement solution.
- Establish the Service Delivery discipline at ICT, aligned to EIMS Service Delivery.
- Ensure all service delivery processes are defined, approved and aligned to EIMS Service Delivery based on the approved service management framework.
- Provide mechanism for effective monitoring and control, supporting ICT service delivery and ensuring approved methodologies, frameworks, policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements and operational level agreements are defined and approved in relation to the contracted services.
- Obtain service level requirement; negotiate SLA with business, ensuring all agreements are signed for all service level agreements between ICT and business.
- Proactively managing and engaging ICT ' s key outsource partners / 3rd party suppliers to ensure that TCP receives quality service, which is expected from business.
- Ensure that ICT has back to back contracts with 3rd party vendors for all services offered by ICT.
- Manage performance of services to clients as per agreed contracts and SLAs and ensure that service levels are achieved.
- Ensure SLAs are achieved and service quality and client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Effectively monitor, control and support ICT Operations, ensuring systems, methodology and procedures are followed.
- Build and maintain relationships with business community (Executives, Senior Managers, Managers and users), internal TCP divisions, Transnet Operating Divisions as well as EIMS.
- Responsible for change and release management function ensuring all changes to the TCP ICT environments are managed properly.
- Responsible for asset management function for ICT ensuring all ICT asset (software, hardware, licenses are managed and accounted for according to defined principles.
- Produce management and performance reports as requested or agreed upon.
- Establish, maintain and own the service review process.
- Co-ordinate the continuous improvement of quality, availability and integrity of data and reports being generated for ICT and business.
- Attend Service Delivery review meetings with other Transnet Operating Divisions and service providers.
- Identify and manage implementation of service improvements programmes covering performance, service, quality and process management.
- Build strong relationships with all ICT 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensures that the catalogue of services is up to date and communicated to business community.
- Design, get buy-in for and maintain the most appropriate LSM structure for ICT.
- Take a lead and assist ICT department in entrenching a business and service culture within the department.
- Drive and facilitate workshops and training for service management awareness campaigns.
- Ensure all project implementations comply with service management requirements throughout the phases of the project.
- Design, setup and maintain the ICT Service Delivery intranet portal and ensure accuracy of information at all times.
- Identify and escalate key service delivery risks and mitigation plans continuously.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Unless the incumbent can demonstrate that he/she has developed the necessary competencies through experience, a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or ND Information Technology is required.
- ITIL v3 a requirement - At least 5 years applicable ICT experience in service management and or ICT operations and infrastructure.
- Minimum 6 years of management experience providing leadership, planning, and coordination of staff development requirements.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- 3 - 5 years Business intelligence and Report Analyst.
- Understanding of technical and business processes;
- ITIL Service Management Framework
- Understanding of risk analysis principles, service management principles, processes and practices;
- Knowledge of process improvement strategies and frameworks.
- Good understanding of business and how IT contributes to business.
- Technical understanding of business and how IT contributes to it.
- IT Governance and Compliance.
Click here to apply
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!