SECURITY AND INVESTIGATION SERVICES: WESTERN CAPE REGION: CAPEMAIL X 01 POSITION
Reports to: Regional Manager / Senior Investigation Officer
Summation: Responsible for crime prevention and investigation in accordance with the prescribed methodologies, standards, policies, procedures and legislation, in order to ensure the safety and security of all personnel, assets, products, services and customers of the company within the area of the Satellite office.
- The safeguarding of staff, assets, products, services and customers
- Assist in the deployment of policies, strategies, procedures and processes in protecting employees from criminal activities from within the internal and/or external environment.
- Assist in deployment of crime prevention methodologies and enhance employee awareness
- Providing of security advice in respect of security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- To support and assist all the Business Units in enhancing the security of its operating area.
- Contingency Planning
- Preventative Investigations
- Ensure the cost effective and objective investigation of acts of criminality or dishonesty that have been referred for investigation
- Deploy and manage a crime intelligence capacity/informer network within the operating environment
- Providing evidence in disciplinary hearings / CCMA cases and legislative cases
- Implement regional guidelines and operational procedures
- Capture security and investigation information on the RUBI system
- Produce crime prevention and/or investigation reports
- Internal/External Partnership and Engagement
- Promoting customer confidence in the security of products and services
- Engagement with law enforcement agencies
- Conduct awareness sessions with staff
- Will be required to have contact with internal / external customers and needs to portray a sense of professionalism To perform any other duty, function and/or responsibility within the ambit of the Security and Investigation Division nationally and regionally, in the best interest of the Company in ensuring the safety and security of its employees, assets, clients and integrity that correspond with own level of work.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Grade 12 (NQF Level 4)
- Relevant 3 year National Diploma (NQF 5) will be an added advantage
- At least 4 years experience in the Post Office operations environment or at least 2 - 4 years in security and investigation environment.
- An understanding of the Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of security systems
Skills and Abilities:
Sound report writing skills, Effective communication skills (verbal and written), Analytical skills, Presentation skills, Computer literacy, Negotiation skills, Sound interpersonal skills, Initiative and drive, Sound sense for objectivity, Confidentiality, Able to prioritize, Adaptive, Integrity, Interviewing, Independent and Assertiveness.
- The incumbent will be required to travel extensively within a geographical (Satellite) area in ensuring that investigations and crime prevention projects are being personally attended to
- It could require that the incumbent would be away from home for a number of days or weeks
- In terms of the national responsibility vested within the Division, it could also be required that the incumbent assist with national investigations / projects in other regions / areas
- The incumbent will be required to be on after hour standby for official purposes
- Code EB driving license
The South African Post Office is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability. PLEASE ATTACH CERTIFIED COPIES OF YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND ID TO YOUR CV. If you wish to view the advert, please visit our website www.postoffice.co.za and click on Careers for vacancies OR
Send your CV to:
The Senior Manager: Human Resources
Selection and Development (Western Cape)
Attention: Christopher Nteyi
PO Box 2001, Capemail, 8003
Fax number: 0867 678 263
Tel no: 021 - 590 5429
Closing Date: 04 June 2014
Position number: 60046651
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from the South African Post Office or its Agent within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The South African Post Office Limited reserves the right not to fill this position or to re-advertise the positions at any time.
Questions after the interview:
At the end of an interview there is usually an opportunity where you can ask any questions you might have. This is a great opportunity to show the interviewer that you are interested in the position as well as the company. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions before the interview – this can be done while you are doing research on the company.
Your questions should show the interviewer that you are a good candidate for the position. Try and avoid questions that are based on your personal needs and preferences, for instance:
- How much leave will I get in a year?
- Will I be considered for promotion in my first year?
- When will I get an increase?
- What time can I leave in the afternoon?
These questions are inappropriate at this stage and will probably raise concerns on the side of the interviewer. Should you be the successful candidate then all these questions will be answered in your letter of appointment so don’t waste this opportunity by asking these basic questions.
If the position is an entry level job or very junior then you are welcome to ask questions in line with the position, for instance:
- Why did the previous person leave the position?
- What would the successful person be tasked to do in a typical day?
- How does this position fit into the department and / or company?
- Could you explain the company structure to me?
- Is there any further education assistance or support?
If the position is more senior then you can prepare question around the following themes:
- current issues that will face the successful candidate;
- inter-personal challenges in the department;
- any process, technology or people challenges that needs to be attended to urgently;
- key result areas that need urgent attention in the first few months;
The above information should get you started. Prepare a few questions so that you can show your worth. Good luck with your interview!